What's New
Search Engine
Photo Gallery
Unit History
Unit Honors
Voices Of Past
How To Submit


Next-of-kin may request information on veterans who were Killed in Action, (KIA), and in many cases, can get a detailed file on the handling of the body from the time of death until burial in a U.S. Military cemetery and/or removal to the U.S., and in some cases, information on where the body was re-interred in the U.S.A.

This information is contained in an "Individual Deceased Personnel File  (I.D.P.F.), and may be obtained as follows:

   Write to the agency below, requesting the "IDPF". on: Veteran's full name; Army Serial #; Unit if known; date and place of death if known; and your relationship to the deceased veteran.

   The more details that are furnished, the quicker they can research this information and reply to you. Replies typically are made within 6-8 weeks of receiving this data.

              U.S. Army Human Resources Command
              ATTN:  AHRC-PAO (FOIA), Rm 7S65
              200 Stovall Street
              Alexandria, VA 22331-0400

For those who would like a copy of the IDPF for Soldiers that are listed as Missing, body not recovered, they should send their request to:

                        U.S. Army Human Resources Command
                        ATTN:  AHRC-PER, Rm 4S15
                        200 Stovall Street
                       Alexandria, VA 22331-0482

This is the office of Repatriation & Family Affairs Division, that deals with those service members missing from previous conflicts i.e., WW II, KOREA, Southeast Asia.   [Click Here for a link to their website that might be helpful:].


Copyright and all other rights reserved by the Family and Friends of The 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment Association or by those who are otherwise cited,
For problems or questions regarding this web site, please contact